Who is IMCO?
In today’s increasingly challenging marketplace, it can be difficult for independent medical supply distributors to remain just that–independent. IMCO was founded in 1981 to address that exact need–to give independent medical supply distributors the same purchasing power as large national medical supply distribution companies. That was nearly 35 years ago, and we are proud to say we are still the premier association for independent medical supply distributors that are dedicated to remaining independent.
Here’s a short bullet list about IMCO and our Members:
- IMCO serves our medical supply distributor members in the United States, Canada and the US Virgin islands.
- Our medical supply distributors operate in multiple markets, including Primary Care, Extended Care, Acute Care, Home Care, EMS, Vet, Industrial Safety, Dental, Lab and many other specialized classes of trade.
- IMCO utilizes market member advisory groups to help with strategic direction in the medical supply market
- IMCO’s model promotes and supports direct relationships with over 200 medical supply manufacturers
- Our Management team has over 200 years of successful experience in the medical supply industry, both in medical supply distribution and medical supply manufacturing
- IMCO has over 134 medical supply distributor members with 166 locations and over 1000 total sales representatives in the field
- Our members have a combined volume of approximately $4.2 billion in annual medical supply sales
- IMCO provides Members access to many of the major GPO's
"To strengthen the Independent Medical Distribution Channels by providing access to products, contract negotiations, marketing and business services through our relationships and programs with our vendor partners."
"To empower our Medical Distributor Members to deliver exceptional value in products and services provided by our vendor and resource partners for healthcare providers and their patients."